Briefly about the most important today's events in our digest of events
that have happened in Ukraine today
ATO press centre: Rebels fired 55 times upon ATO positions leaving 6 civilians dead
Insurgents carried out 55 attacks on positions of ATO forces in the past 24 hours. 6 civilians are reported dead and 3 others wounded according to an ATO press-centre report on Monday.
55 strikes on positions and fortified areas of ATO forces with artillery and volley fire systems were registered within the 24 hours.
The ATO Headquarters have received reports on 6 civilians killed and 3 wounded.
Additionally, according to the ATO press centre, rebels have driven out 2 lorries loaded with dead bodies of their accomplices to a Donetsk waste dump.
Poroshenko calls on the OBSE to facilitate ceasing fire in Donbas on December 9
Poroshenko calls on the OBSE to facilitate ceasing fire in Donbas on Tuesday.
The president stressed that a meeting of the Trilateral Contact Group would have to be arranged as soon as possible in order to stop fighting already on December 9.
Both the head of the state and an OBSE representative agreed to coordinate further activities aimed at achieving a peaceful settlement of the dispute in Donbas, as reported by the presidential press service.
As it was reported earlier, the next meeting to peacefully settle the Donbas dispute had been arranged in Minsk for December 9.
Ceasefire agreements have to stop fighting on the same day.
Tymchuk: Russia moves police special units to Donbas
Russia has moved its special task units of internal-security forces of the Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs to Donbas due to significant losses among special task units of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation, Dmytro Tymchuk wrote in his Facebook We were able to observe a manning process of local rebel - and disguised Russian military units this weekend, who had suffered losses across rebel-held Donbas territories, the statement reads. Divisions of internal-security forces of the Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs were moved to Donbas. Soldiers of the following special task forces of the Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs have been identified among them: - 7th detachment of the special task forces "Rosych" (Novocherkask, RF) - 15 detachment of the special task forces "Vyatych" (Armavir, RF), - 17th detachment of the special task forces "Edelveys" (Mineralni Vody, RF) - 107th brigade of internal-security troops of the Ministry of Internal Affairs (Vladyvostok, RF) Also, at least two battalions of barrel artillery have arrived in occupied areas of Donbas in recent days.
RF Foreign Ministry believes that the USA want to overthrow the Russian state authority
US sanctions are aimed at creating conditions for toppling the government in Russia, Deputy Foreign Affairs Minister Sergei Ryabkov said when addressing the meeting at the State Duma.
According to Ryabkov, Russia perceives the current situation in relations with the USA in cold blood and takes some adjusted precautionary measures.
A recovery from the sanctions may take years, Ryabkov asserted.
As reported earlier, the chairman of the Duma Committee on Foreign Affairs, Alexei Pushkov, said that a new Cold War between Russia and the West had already begun.
National Security Council: 1 service member killed and 9 others wounded in the ATO area in the past 24 hours
1 service member was killed and 9 others were wounded in the ATO area in the past 24 hours, a spokesman for the National Security and Defence Council Andriy Lysenko said at a briefing on Monday.
Russia to resume its gas supplies to Ukraine on December 11
Ukraine will take Russian gas it paid for on December 6 from December 11 onwards, the press service of Ukrtransgas told Ukrinform on Monday.
"Ukrtransgas received instructions from the management ("Naftogas Ukraine") to prepare the transportation system for receiving Russian gas on December 11. We received the instructions early on Monday," the interviewee said.
As reported earlier, the Russian state-owned company Gasprom acknowledged receiving from "Naftogas Ukraine" a payment of $378 million for one billion cubic metres of gas.