Briefly about the most important today's events in our digest of events
that have happened in Ukraine today
Tymchuk: The number of Russian military near Debaltseve is growing
Rebels continued to be attempting attacks near Debaltseve amid Minsk peace talks, the head of the Information Resistance Group, MP Dmytro Tymchuk, posted in Facebook on February 13.
According to the IRG, the number of Russian regular troops in this area has increased dramatically. They were combined into tactical forces from various military bases of the Russian Armed Forces.
"Ukrainian artillery carried out repeated strikes on rebel battle arrays. But, the enemy continues to attack even though it suffered significant losses (in total 8 armoured and 10 military vehicles) in the past 24 hours near the settlements of Logvynove and Nyzhnye Losove.
According to him, formations of local PRL rebels, were withdrawn from the front line and moved for re-equipping far from Debaltseve district into the rear, and they "categorically refuse to fight with Russian regular troops," for the RF army uses local terrorists for fighting in the most dangerous sectors," Tymchuk writes.
Klimkin: withdrawal of troops to be controlled by satellites
Ukraine will monitor the withdrawal of RF heavy artillery and troops from Donbas using satellite equipment. The OSCE mission will also join to monitor the whole process, Foreign Minister of Ukraine Pavlo Klimkin told the parliament today, according to Liga.
Klimkin also added that the Minsk agreement was based on an idea to create a buffer zone, from which all the 100 mm artillery is to be withdrawn. "The process will be controlled by an OSCE monitoring mission. We are currently holding consultations regarding the implementation of this task on the OSCE part," he said.
"The second important point is that we will use all available technical means to control this process, and we will employ satellites and other equipment to ensure that we have a real picture at our disposal," he said.
Residents of Shyrokine evacuated to Mariupol after 3 days in cellars
Scores of residents were evacuated from the village of Shyrokine to the city of Mariupol on Thursday February 12.
The regiment Azov organised an evacuation of local residents because of intense rebel shelling, the Mariupol site 0629 reports.
As a journalist noted, scores of residents got an opportunity to escape to Mariupol after having spent three days in cellars. Some of them left ruined houses. One man claimed his house had been hit by several shells at once. As result, the roof had collapsed. It was not possible to live there anymore.
Debaltseve fired upon with Uragan and 25 times with Grads
The night in Donbas was uneasy again, for rebels fired at army positions.
As the ATO press centre reported, rebels carried out 25 attacks on Debaltseve and adjacent villages with Grad MLRSs and artillery.
"The enemy also struck the western edge of the town with Uragan MLRSs at around 8 o'clock in the evening," the ATO press centre reports.
In the Lugansk direction, rebels concentrated fire on the villages of Schastya, Toshkivka, Krymske, and Stanyza Luganska.
In the Donetsk direction, insurgents fired upon the village of Vodyane.
In total, rebels attacked ATO positions and inhabited settlements over 40 times overnight.
The headquarters also drew attention to the increasing number of rebels' unmanned aerial vehicles. 22 UAVs were spotted over army positions yesterday.
Rebels shelled a café in Schastya: Casualties reported
Terrorists attacked the town of Schastya in Lugansk region with artillery. A shell hit a cafe.
Schastya was shelled on Friday afternoon, Feb. 13, the press service of Governor of the Lugansk Regional State Administration Gennady Moskal reports.
"Moments ago, terrorists shelled the town of Schastya from Vesela Hora. A shell hit a cafe, with many civilians inside. We know about two dead and three badly wounded. In addition, three passers-by were also wounded. At the moment, soldiers are clearing up the debris of the cafe to find out whether there are more wounded people there," the statement reads.
Chief of the Luhansk regional police office Anatoliy Naumenko posted on his Facebook page that nine people were still under debris. According to Naumenko, shelling of Schastya was massive. There are many casualties among civilians. The town is on fire."
ATO Headquarters: 11 soldiers killed and 40 wounded in the past 24 hours in the ATO area
11 military were killed, and 40 others wounded in the area of the anti-terrorist operation in the past 24 hours, a spokesman for the Ukrainian National Security and Defence Council, Andriy Lysenko, reported at a briefing on Friday.
Poroshenko: Long way to peace. No confidence in the implementation of the Minsk deal
Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko said that he had no firm certainty regarding the implementation of the Minsk agreement.
He expressed these doubts while visiting a training camp of the National Guard stationed in New Petrivtsi on Friday, February 13, as reported by Interfax-Ukraine.
I would not like any one to have illusions. I do not want to look like a naive man either. There is still a long way to peace, and no one has a firm confidence in the implementation of provisions of the deal signed in Minsk, he asserted.
However, Poroshenko expressed his expectations that the Minsk agreement reached on February 12 might settle the conflict in Eastern Ukraine in a political way.
"Yesterday in Minsk ... We managed to reach an agreement, which gives us hope that Donbas events will shift from confrontation to a state of political settlement," he said.
There's hope that the situation will now be deescalating due to ceasefire and withdrawal of heavy armaments, and I hope this approach will lead us to peace," the president said.
Fierce battles raging for Logvynove. ATO forces do not fall back
Battles are raging near the settlement of Logvynove situated between Debaltseve and Artemivsk. The town is not controlled by any of the sides, the General Staff and ATO press-centre reports.
"Fighting is still going on now; the town is not controlled by any of the sides, for it is an area of conflict," an ATO spokesman, Andriy Lysenko, said. "There is a fierce confrontation there; the enemy has drawn up its forces, and we are doing the same. A very unclear situation, in which we are unable to determine the winning side. The fight is continuing", he added.
Meanwhile, an ATO spokesman, Anatoliy Stelmakh, told the Ukrainian Truth that the village of Logvynove is within the impact area of Ukrainian artillery. There are rebel positions in a few kilometres from there. "Our military adhere to their positions. They did not yield and did not fall back. This is our most troubled point in the east," Stelmakh stressed.