Briefly about the most important today's events in our digest of events
that have happened in Ukraine today
ATO Headquarters: 80 thousands RF military and gunmen
in the ATO area and along the border
Over 50,000 Russian troops and 30,000 rebels are massed along the Ukrainian border and in eastern Ukraine, the press officer of the ATO headquarters, Colonel Dmytro Hutsuliak said at a briefing on Friday, according to an UNIAN correspondent.
"The situation in the Donbass conflict zone remains tense in a number of areas. According to the ATO Headquarters, insurgents continue to mass their forces in the rear of occupied territory. In addition, they are working actively to create strike groups and carry out combat training of newly formed units," he said. As reported earlier, President Petro Poroshenko announced late June that there were 60 thousands Ukrainian military in the ATO area.
Only three rebel attacks on ATO forces overnight
Only three attacks on positions of ATO forces were reported in the period from midnight to 6AM in the area of the antiterrorist operation, the press service of the ATO Headquarters reported on Facebook.
Terrorists fired machine-guns on positions of Ukrainian troops near the settlement of Rozsadky, Donetsk region. They also carried out an artillery attack on the outskirts of Tryokhizbenka, Lugansk region, with 152-mm heavy guns.
IRG: Rebels attack rarely, but fire banned weapons
The rebel activity in Donbass has significantly decreased, but they continue to fire weapons banned by the Minsk agreement, MP Dmytro Tymchuk published the information provided by the Information Resistance Group on Facebook.
"To attack army positions and civilian targets, militants same as before fired weapons - barrel artillery, military hardware, 120-mm mortars - banned by the Minsk agreement," he said.
Pisky, Doslidne, Berdyanske, Lebedynske, Pavlopil, Gnutove were shelled with such armaments.
Insurgents committed tanks near the Butivka mine backed by 82- and 120-mm mortars.
"Enemy sabotage-reconnaissance groups made several attempts to cross the Siversky Donets in order to reconnoitre and carry out subversions in the tactical depth of defence of ATO forces. After a number of clashes and skirmishes, the sabotage-reconnaissance groups had to fall back to the jump-oft line, Tymchuk reports.
Stanyzia Luganska and Tryokhizbenka assaulted at night
Stanyzia Luganska was fired upon again last night with mortars, grenade launchers, and machine-guns.
Apart from Stanyzia Luganska, further clashes close to the demarcation line occurred at the Bakhmutka highway near the 29th roadblock, as well as in Tryokhizbenka, which was shelled at 1AM with self-propelled artillery weapons.
As announced earlier, a relative lull in the fighting was reported in the Lugansk region during the last two days.
General Staff: 4 service members wounded in the ATO area in the past 24 hours
No losses were reported in the area of the anti-terrorist operation in the past 24 hours, a spokesman for the Presidential Administration on ATO issues, Oleksandr Motuzyanyk, reported at a briefing on Friday.
9% of volunteers called up during the fifth mobilisation wave
There were 9% of volunteers among the recruits drafted during the 5th wave of mobilisation, First Deputy Head of the Chief Department for Defensive and Mobilization Planning of the General Staff Volodymyr Talalay announced at a briefing on Friday, as reported by Ukrainski Novyny.
According to him, during the sixth wave of mobilization, they managed to ensure the rotation of personnel, who were called up during the second wave.
"The average age of recruits called up during the 5th wave of mobilisation stood at 35 years... 77% of them had experience in military services, and 9% were volunteers," he said.
Talalay stressed that the main task of the sixth wave of mobilization was to ensure the rotation of personnel called up last year during the third wave of mobilization.
As reported earlier, the sixth wave of mobilisation began on June 19.