Lyubov V. Kushnaryova is known in Zaporizhzhya as Chairman of UARP Zaporizhzhya regional branch and retired police lieutenant colonel, as well as the Head of Zaporizhzhya branch of Ukrainian Union of International Police Association (IPA), and active member of the women's public organization. She is also known to be a passionate traveller.
Traveling all over Ukraine and Europe, Lyubov Kushnaryova doesn’t only enjoy cities and towns, historic sites and culture of different nations. As team leader she participates in competitions organized by IPA. She is also involving UARP members to these competitions.
Last August 14 former police officers, members of Ukrainian Association of Retired Persons, took part in the 66th International Police Starry Rally, taking the route from Zaporizhzhya to Grudziądz (Poland). This run brought together participants from Austria, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Germany, Poland, Russia, Switzerland and other European countries.
Ukraine was represented by the teams from Dnipropetrovsk, Kharkiv, Kyiv, Lviv, Poltava and Odesa.
The team captain of Zaporizhzhya had the possibility to walk up the upper footboard of honour podium for the 1st place in the run of the category D. The 2nd place was gained by Dynamo team from Moscow (Russia).
- We were very pleased, – reports Ms. Kushnaryova, - that during the parade one could see flying colours of UARP alongside with the colours of IPA and Zaporizhzhya. This event was broadcasted by Eurovision Channel. 15 persons, including 8 members of UARP had been going on a journey for 9 days to Poland, Sweden and Norway after the finishing of the event. We have visited Gdańsk, Gdynia, Warsaw (Poland), Stockholm, Nynäshamn , Stenungsund, Uppsala, Gothenburg, Trolhättan, Karlskrona (Sweden), Oslo, Bergen, Flåm (Norway). In Swedish capital Stockholm we were touring through its historic center: Gamla stan, where the royal palace is stuated. We have managed to visit the Italian baroque cathedral of the XIII century as well as the narrowest street, and namely Mårten Trotzig lane, that is less than meter wide. Were went sightseeing beside the Parliament Buildings, City Hall and the Concert Hall, known for annual presentation of Nobel Prize. Were went sightseeing beside the Parliament Buildings, City Hall and the Concert Hall, known for annual presentation of Nobel Prize. In Norway we went on sailing the fjords. Delicious and fine food like whale steaks, grilled royal shrimps and crabs as well as venison and elk sausage was tasted at the Bergen market. We went on sightseeing Oslo’s places of inerest as fortress Akershus, Vigalandsparke with its masterpieces by sculptor Gustav Vigaland. The park is located on the area of 32 hectares. 214 granite, bronze or wrought iron statutes are located at its territory. All the sculptures depict the relationship between a man and woman. The most famous of them is Monolith, as this column is carved from a single slab of solid granite, decorated with 121 bas-reliefs.The height of Monolith is more than 17 meters and its weight is 180 tons.
- We visited also the oldest wooden church in Norway that was built in 1250.Two days long we had been staying at the hotel Stalheim, located in the valley of Innerdalen beside the Tvindefossen waterfall, where the water falls from a height of 150 meters.
- Are you feeling tired?
- Of course, such run and passages can exhaust even the young. What concerns the pensioners – it goes even further than that. But we’re trained already, because it’s not the first run as we have been taking place in International Police Run for the last seven years:
2006 - Gelsenkirchen (Germany)
2007 - Erfurt (Germany)
2008 - Graz (Austria)
2009 - Gdańsk (Poland)
2010 - Debrecen (Hungary)
2011 - Vladimir (Russia)
2012 - Grudziądz (Poland)”.
- Are you preparing for the new run?
- Exactly! You know, all these trips tiresome enough, but they make us forget about the diseases, age and therefore mobilize people, add strength, train the character. So I hope that next year we will start the 67th International Police Run, which will take place in Italy.